Select Page

The Story of Katie Davis

People who truly know themselves and what they want from life but who are also kind and share that gift with others. Those people who just radiate an inner calmness and know what is important in life.

I am a registered mental health nurse, originally from Scotland. I swore after completing my MSc in Advanced Nursing that I was done with further education but here I am in my final year of a PhD! I started my PhD with the goal of eventually becoming a nurse researcher but have since discovered a passion for teaching and I hope to secure a lectureship in the near future.
I moved to Manchester from Glasgow and didn’t know anyone here since then I have met and married my husband, made some amazing friends and bought a house!
Doing a PhD is not for everyone but it does attract people from all walks of life. It is a rollercoaster of highs and lows but surrounding yourself with peers will help you on this journey.

Update: Katie has secured a lectureship position at Salford University commencing Sept 2018 – Well done Katie!