Select Page

The Story of Eleanor Trimble

I am inspired by people who work hard and are passionate about what they do. I’m also inspired by people who stand up for what they believe is right and use their voice for good.

I always wanted to run a business. I didn’t know what kind of business, but I knew that was what I wanted to do with my life. However, throughout school and my undergraduate degree, the goal just became to “get a job”. It was whilst pursuing my PhD here at Manchester my entrepreneurial spark was reignited.

My research involved using technology to understand consumer behaviour. I applied EEG (brain wave activity) and eye-tracking methods to measure participants’ responses to various retail environments. Along with some friends and fellow PhD students, conducting research in similar and related fields, we realised the commercial potential of our research and turned it into a business plan.

We took part in the Venture Further competition in 2017 and were honoured to win first prize in the business category. We’ve built a working relationship with a multi-national marketing agency, and their advice and support have been invaluable. To take our research from academia to industry has been a steep learning curve, and we’re still learning every day.

Now that I have completed my PhD I can dedicate my time to build and grow our business. The journey has not been smooth, and we have had our share of rejections and setbacks, but we will continue to adapt and push forward to achieve our goals.