University of Manchester Technical Apprentices Rewarded for their achievements

by | Jul 22, 2022 | Apprenticeships | 0 comments

On Friday 24th June 2022, our Technical Apprentices were invited to attend an annual awards evening with one of our training providers, Stockport Engineering Training Association (SETA). This event showcased apprentices attending SETA and their achievements during this academic year. Tutors from SETA nominated apprentices in a number of categories who made outstanding contributions to their apprenticeships. Several University of Manchester apprentices including Engineering Technician, Engineering Fitter, and Design and Draughting Technicians were nominated and won awards. The most prominent of which included the following:

“To achieve the HNC award as recognition of all the effort I have put in, and the work I have completed is a reward which I am both proud and appreciative of. My determination to complete this qualification, adding to my skill set for the future; is further motivated by this accomplishment. My thanks go to the University Skills and Development Team who have guided me throughout my apprenticeship.”

Alisha Quinn receiving the HNC Award

“This achievement has helped me to grow not only as a person but as an engineer. I have learnt varied skills and gained many achievements during my time on my apprenticeship, from just starting up and not grasping the opportunity, to thriving and pushing my comfort zone, achieving things I did not think I could. I am pleased and grateful for this award, and I would like to thank everyone that has helped me along the way.”

Oliver Wallwork with the Most Improved Apprentice Award

Georgina Daniel, Engineering Fitter Apprentice, and Douglas Cragg, Engineering Technician Apprentice were both nominated and runners-up for the Apprentice of the Year award.

The apprenticeship management is proud of our apprentices and would like to congratulate all apprentices who were nominated and achieved an award. This is a great accomplishment for the apprentices and the Manchester team, and deserving of this special recognition. 

Watch out for these faces across campus.

If after reading this post you have any questions relating to the apprenticeship program, please contact either:

If you have any feedback to provide, please send it to TCLG@manchester.ac.uk

If you have any stories or information you would like to contribute to this blog site, please send them to TCLG@manchester.ac.uk