Support Available for Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement
Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPIE) is integral to the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health because so much of what we do has the potential to affect the lives of millions of people both in our local communities and further afield.
To aid our Public Contributors, staff and students in their PPIE, the Faculty provides the following support:
- Advice and guidance – the Faculty has a dedicated Social Responsibility and Public Engagement Team who can provide advice and guidance. Contact them here
- Training – the Faculty/University provides a range of training courses for staff, students and Public Contributors including the Public Contributor Induction Session
- Monthly public engagement digest newsletter – promotes involvement opportunities, events, training and funding available through a monthly to staff, students and members of the public – sign up to the digest here or email email@example.com to submit content
- PPIE toolkit – features information, templates and resources accessible to staff, students and Public Contributors. Includes; fees and payment guidance, appointment letter, ethics guidance etc.
- Being a Public Contributor Induction Guide – provides useful information about being a Public Contributor in the Faculty.
- PPIE blog site – features articles showcasing a range of PPIE activities. Want to submit an blog for consideration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- PPIE Celebration event – the Faculty hosts an annual event to celebrate PPIE. It includes the ‘Outstanding Contribution to PPIE’ Awards, which recognise the inspirational and dedicated commitment to PPIE. The awards are open to Public Contributors, staff, and students affiliated with the Faculty.
If you have any queries about PPIE then please contact email@example.com